Christmas 2009

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Two sides of DanMan!



Tom came running to get me so I could catch a picture of this sweet scene! As you can well imagine, this librarian's heart almost overflowed! I think I have posted pictures in the past of Hannah and/or DanMan reading HENRY AND MUDGE books to Lucy before Hattie was even born. Not sure which title this was but Henry and his big dog, Mudge, are still favorites!


Most of our Memorial Day weekend was spent at the the ball park. The Power Cats, with 8 of the 10 players shown above, made it to the semi-finals of the Wally Hall tournament held in Bryant, Arkansas. DanMan, the player with the bat, played well. He pitched more than his grandmother was comfortable with - but, when he isn't pitching, he is catching; I don't like that either, when the temperatures are soaring! The gear is HOT and HEAVY! The team really played some BASEBALL - like the big boys do, over the weekend! It is kind of sad in a way to have them be so grown and capable but I am proud of every one of them. They are all nice young men, who are turning into good ball players!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: