Christmas 2009

Friday, April 9, 2010

Our Easter Baby!!!!

Hattie Elaine Paul was born on Easter Sunday, April 4, at 2:35 P.M. EST, in Atlanta, Georgia! She weighed 6 pounds 9 ounces and was 19 3/4 inches long - and she has dimples! Lucy is enchanted with her and loves being a big sister, so far.

Jenny and Hattie were dismissed from the hospital the evening of April 5. I left for home EARLY the morning of the 6th. I wish I had a picture of what I saw as I was trying to sneak out of the house. Jenny was on the couch with a sleeping Hattie on her chest and Lucy snuggled up beside her. It was one of the very sweetest things I have ever seen! Speaking of pictures, I have a lot on my camera but I am using a borrowed computer to update my blog.

Tommy and I leave for Atlanta when he gets home from work today. We don't plan to drive the whole way tonight. Tommy had scheduled his vacation for the week Hattie was due. Since she came early and since her other grandmother was able to travel to meet her on Tuesday, I came home to pick up Tom.

I have a funny story to tell before I sign off and go home to finish packing. When Jenny went to her OB appointment last Friday, someone in the office suggested that she go to a particular Italian restaurant for dinner. Saturday night I kept Lucy so Jenny and Eric could go there to eat. When a very pregnant woman enters the restaurant, she is not even given a menu. She is automatically served eggplant Parmesan. Babies are supposed to be born within 48 hours after the mother has eaten her meal. Jenny said that the walls are covered with pictures of babies who were born before the 48 hours were up - and now Hattie gets to join them! If the woman does not deliver within the time frame, the restaurant gives her a $25.00 gift certificate; if she does the baby gets a special shirt! I will try to post a picture of Hattie in hers when she models it!

Guess I had better get ready to head back to Atlanta!

No comments: