Christmas 2009

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Weavie and Wendy's wedding, Part I

I was not as good as I had hoped I would be about documenting the preparations for Weavie and Wendy's wedding. I do have some interesting things to show you though.




All of us, who were with the bridal couple back in July when they visited and Wendy saw "The Johnson Wedding Chapel" (and the Johnsons) for the first time, thought that the plan was for the ceremony and reception to be held in the front yard. When Tom and I returned from Little Rock last Monday, we were surprised to find activity on the softball/soccer field at the back of the house. When we saw the size of the tent being erected, we understood why the location had been changed.




I love the use of fencing to welcome guests to the site. The fences and the lights are being left for us. Thank you, Jo! (Jo Huskey, a very talented woman I had never met but with whom I quickly established a wonderful rapport, was the wedding coodinator. Neither the bride or the groom had ever met her either!)


Rena Tolan, a friend of ours from church, is Jo's right hand woman - and designated ladder climber! She, also, helped her sister to cater the delicious traditional Thanksgiving meal for the reception. I will be telling about the wedding in multiple entries due to the peculiarities of my Picasa program but I will let you know right now that it was a wonderful, beautiful, moving occasion!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: