Christmas 2009

Monday, November 15, 2010

Weavie and Wendy's wedding, Part VI

This photo was supposed to be included in my last post. Since I had 'borrowed" the pictures from the photographer, I was not using Picasa and thought I could upload more than four at once. (I know I have before - re Tom's retirement!) Anyway, this picture, which should have been exactly in the middle, third out of five, did not post. I wanted you to be able to see how happy the minister, the groom's younger brother, was about this marriage.


This family has been close to us for many years, ever since we moved to El Dorado in June of '79. When we decided I needed to go back to work Jenny was about twenty months old; Spud announced, "If you're going to work, my mom wants Peaches". I was so relieved!!! Turns out his mother, Dianne (Di-Nan to Jenny) had no idea her son was volunteering her - but she decided to try babysitting and it worked out wonderfully well.
Dianne died in 2001. Spud was married by then and the father of four beautiful children. Weavie was a chemical engineer in Baton Rouge; he has always been shy and his mother so wanted him to find the right woman and have a family of his own. We all did! We are so happy now that he waited until he was 44 and found just the right wife for himself! (He found her in Rochester, NY!!!! We always tease Jimmy that he had to go all the way to Canada to find a woman who would have him. At least Weav didn't have to go that far!) Larry Cottrell, the boys' father, was the best man; you can barely see him, and his big smile, at the right of this picture.

No comments: