Christmas 2009

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Visit to Hawaii, Volume 4



For many years my parents had a tradition, one that my daddy carries on to this day, of meeting with Jane for lunch on Fridays and then having puu puus for TGIF with Barbara in the evening. We picked Jane up at her office and went to one of their very favorite places for some great Italian. Jane, as always, knew everyone in the place! Barbara eats lunch (for free) at her hotel, the Sheraton Waikiki, every week day so she never eats dinner. She does nibble on some cheese and crackers or chips and dip on Friday evening as she and Daddy visit and unwind. Often, I have to push back a little jealously when they talk about their Fridays together but this time I (and Tom) got to join them in their festivities!



During breakfast, I was fascinated by the window washers working on the building next door. I just cannot imagine doing this, what seems to me to be, death defying work every day! These workers are swinging through the air well over thirty stories high!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: