Christmas 2009

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Frustration! (and Hattie is one!)

I am REALLY getting frustrated by this disappearing pictures act! I deleted and redid the last three entries because the photos had all disappeared - and - POOF - all the pictures were immediately gone again! I did go to HELP and found out that others are having the same problem but that information did little to alleviate my frustration! I am not even going to try to upload any pictures today - even though I have a series on birdhouse building that is adorable! I'll just save them until it seems as if this glitch has been solved! HAIRSPRAY is a wrap and it was a tremendous success! I am so proud of everyone involved! Way to go Ms. Gates, EHS Thespian Troupe 42, adult performers, and my Hannah girl! I am going to try to copy and paste an e:mail I sent my sisters yesterday. Let's see how this works. Well, it didn't! Here is what I wrote: Hattie's birthday party last night was special. There were a lot of families there. Jenny and Eric had ordered BBQ and trimmings to feed the crowd. (They had to have the party in the evening on Sunday because they were BOTH on call. Since it was supper time, they felt obligated to feed folks.) There was a (very popular) jump castle. When it was time to cut the cake, Jenny decided not to call everyone in from eating or out of the jump castle. She wanted to be sure Hattie's parents, sister, grandparents, and Kate were there because we were the most excited. Naturally, there were many others but that is not important. When everyone was looking at her and began singing, Hattie looked a little unsure but then a huge smile spread over her face and she loved it! Kate was right next to the high chair and, as soon as the song was finished, she leaned in and said, VERY loudly and VERY clearly, "WE LOVE YOU!!!"! Gosh, it makes me cry again this morning. It was spontaneous and UNDERSTANDABLE!!! We get to do the birthday thing again next Sunday; this time for Kate. She will be nine on the 7th. I need to be sure to organize a "WE LOVE YOU!!!" for the end of her birthday song.

No comments: