Christmas 2009

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Kate's home therapist

I have probably mentioned before what a wonderful big sister Lanie is for Kate. Several years ago, when Lanie was five or six, I commented to her about how impressed I was with all the creative games she came up with to reinforce the things Kate needed to work on especially hard. It really was amazing. I'll never forget Lanie's quiet reply; it still brings tears to my eyes. "I'm Kate's home therapist."


On Saturday it was very difficult for Lanie not to be out on the baseball field mentoring Kate herself. I think the program is arranged so that family members are not the mentor for a relative. Soon after the game began, Lanie quietly left the stands. I hadn't really even missed her until I saw her clinging to the fence, as close to third base as she could be. She did eventually return to the stands to sit with the rest of Kate's fan club.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: