Christmas 2009

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Daddy and four more great grands!

After having to snap a last minute picture of Daddy with Hannah and DanMan (and Maddy, but she was included in another picture too), I made it a point to pose him with each of the Little Rock great grands. Stephen fed us a wonderful meal of shrimp and pasta before Tom and I took Daddy to the Airport Holiday Inn. After dinner, Lanie was buried in homework, now that she's a fifth grader, but I made her come downstairs to stand by her great grandfather and smile for the camera.



Kate had received a Minnie Mouse backpack and hat from her Fussell grandparents and was thrilled to show them off. Look at that happy girl!




Lucy had just gotten home from school when I asked her to let me take her picture with Grandpa. She is wearing her school uniform and holding her Cinderella fan. She normally uses it to cool off the car when she is getting in but she brought it into the house to cool off her Nannah, who was complaining about the heat!



Hattie charmed her great grandfather and it looks as if the feeling was mutual, doesn't it?



I had a nice long conversation with my dad this afternoon. His trip home was blessedly uneventful. He has been away for five weeks so he had stacks of mail to deal with. Hope he was able to take some time to just sit out on one of his lanais and enjoy the view!

No comments: