Christmas 2009

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Nature watch!



These pictures are self-explanatory. I am just sorry that I had to zoom and crop so much on the little hummingbird that he is a little blurry. All of these were taken from inside my house. I am thinking that maybe I should have darkend the last one a little. Maybe it will publish better than it looks to me now.






Using my camera, my relatively new camera, reminded me that I have not told "the rest of the story" about my last one. You might remember that I posted that it, my laptop, and my GPS had been stolen from my car while I was parked in the alley behind Jill and Stephen's. The first thing I saw when I walked in at the Fussells' on Sunday was my cute little bright red camera sitting on their mantle. It must not have been fancy enough for the thieves!!! One of the neighbors had found it in his bushes while doing yard work. The camera had been rained on and, of course, the battery was dead anyway. He removed the memory card and looked at the pictures on his computer. Most of them were from Atlanta, taken at the time of Hattie's birth. There were some, though, taken on the Fussells' patio and Jillers was in one of those. The neighbor recognized her and brought the camera to Jill's house. I really appreciate him going to so much trouble to identify the owner. Jenny was disappointed that those pictures might be in a stranger's hands. I have not tried charging the battery to see if it might possibly work yet. I'll let you know!

P.S. I just looked it up - MANTLE and MANTEL are both correct spellings. I think MANTEL is preferable for this usage - but not by me!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: