Christmas 2009

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sunday, August 8, 2010 in Little Rock


I have been excited for weeks about the arrival of my dad and my aunt and uncle in Little Rock! The day finally came - Sunday, August 8! Unfortunately Jenny had a stomach bug so she and Hattie could not join us for dinner at Cozymel's. Also, unfortunately Jimmy's family and Julie's family were not able to make the trip that day. Jimmy's bunch was absent because football has started - 'nuff said. Julie's didn't come because the traveling Jurkenses had no ETA (USAF for Expected Time of Arrival) and the Nolans had to be ready for Monday. Lanie is missing from this narration and all the pictures because she is on a vacation with a friend in Colorado!

Tom and I left El Dorado about nine A.M. I ALWAYS turn my cell phone off at night since reception is not great out here and because I like to go through all the e:mails on my computer before I turn on my phone; saves a lot of deleting! That meant I did not get Jenny's texted SOS. By the time I knew she was sick, arrangements had been made for Lucy to go play at Jill's. (Eric was enduring his first weekend on call - saw 60 patients on Saturday and did three surgeries. Sunday was more of the same.) Tom and I went to Fussells upon arrival in Little Rock. Dad, Bill, and Marge arrived mid-afternoon. We visited a while and left the dinner plans to Jill and Stephen. They made reservations for us at Cozymel's and it was the perfect choice for a fun evening together.

This first photo shows my aunt and uncle, Bill and Marge Jurkens. (Why do I always say "aunt and uncle" and then list them as "Bill and Marge"? I have noticed that our family always seems to put the person who was originally a member of the family first and the in-law second. Jimmy and Tanya, Julie and John Paul. Jill and Stephen. Jenny and Eric. Bet the couples are reversed in other households. Anyway, Bill is an original Jurkens - in more ways than one!!!)


Kate and Lucy have had a lot of fun together in the past few days. Usually, when the other cousins are around, things are wilder and they don't have much time to just enjoy each other. They made it a point to sit by each other at dinner on Sunday night and at lunch on Monday.


I sent Lucy to sit on Papa's lap to watch our guacamole being made. I just bet you she could do it herself next time.


Here is a picture I took specifically to show my sisters that we entertaining Daddy well while he is with us!


Well, fiddle!!! Once again my picture uploading is deficient! I will have to put a P.S. to this post to add a picture that I love of Kate and Stephen. Picasa did not tell me it wasn't going to accept the fifth photo so I thought it had uploaded. The P.S. will be above this original entry though and that is aggravating!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: