Christmas 2009

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Monday, August 9th continued and Tuesday the 10th


Here is the final picture from our stay in Little Rock. Marge, Jill, Kate, Jenny, Lucy, Hattie, and I met at Faded Rose for lunch. When Lucy saw this photo, after I e:mailed it to her mother, she said, "But I don't know where Nannah is." Thanks for noticing I was missing Lucy Boo! My camera's battery died after this shot and I am so sad that I didn't get to take any more pictures the rest of Monday or on Tuesday.


Tom, Daddy, and Bill wanted to visit a submarine that is docked (?) in North Little Rock but it was closed on Mondays. They were able to tour their other destination, the MacArthur Museum. All of them thought it was very interesting and each mentioned the angry correspondence between Gen. MacArthur and President Truman that is displayed. Tommy called me as they were leaving there and as we were finishing up at The Faded Rose. He decided we girls had had a "great good idea" so that is where he took Daddy and Bill for lunch.


Monday evening Daddy, Bill, Marge, the Pauls, Tom and I ate some yummy pizza at Dam Goode Pies. (Of course, not all the Pauls got to eat pizza but Hattie was a good sport about it.) The Fussells had other obligations.

Yesterday morning about eight, Bill and Marge left Little Rock to return home to Eden Prairie, Minnesota. I was under the impression that they would take two days to make that 800+ mile drive. Imagine my surprise this morning, when I turned on my cell phone, to find a message from Bill saying that they were safely home, having arrived last night!

After Bill and Marge's departure, Daddy, Tom, and I watched Paul sisters while Jenny went to a meeting at the Little Rock Pediatric Clinic. Tom did make a quick trip out to visit Grandma Johnson during that time, too. Then Jenny, Lucy, Hattie, and the the three of us who would be soon heading to El Dorado went to lunch at Jason's Deli.

I am still fighting with my phone to post pictures I took after my regular camera quit. Fingers crossed that I will succeed but I have my doubts!

Jill flew to Chicago today (8/11) and Lanie should be getting home from Colorado any minute. School will be starting soon so my grandchildren will be on shorter leashes! Wish Jillers could take a break from work-related travels.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: